Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Illustration Friday: STRENGTH

I have been a slacker, so today was appointed as an art day. After some cutting, pasting and drawing I managed to come up with this…
And this… Since I owed myself a Night.

Illustration Friday: NIGHT




And while I am on the subject: It is going to be a three dog night – it is cold, and we got first dusting of snow. I am tempted to light the fireplace, but am not sure if someone is living in the chimney (like a raccoon). So, no fire, just huddled me, and Swiss Miss…Though while cutting and drawing I was thinking Faeries, summer, dark forests, nights of a thousand stars. No such luck. Just five month of cold. Oh, well, there is an opportunity to catch up with all those indoor projects. Lily.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christine Lim said...

I love both pieces. The queen is surely a sign of strength. And your illo for Night, beautiful is my description for you. I like the way you use your colours, the texture and lighting. Very original.

2:38 AM  
Blogger Jeope said...

A series of these would be nice together in a single frame. They remind me of quilt squares. Nice!

7:16 AM  
Blogger LDahl said...

This is about the third time I've peeked in here... and every time I am left without words. Unless you count "WOW" as a word. The Queen, the eyes, the new angels...
wow... Icons, they remind me of icons, yes, in the truest sense.
Beautiful as long-stem red roses.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

These are both great. I especially like night and all the symbols included within the illustration. Very nice use of layering and subtle colors.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home