Monday, February 13, 2006

Notes on Simple:

I just have enough time to indulge in random rambling and then run to my oh-so-boring accounting class… I am asking myself what have possessed me? Never mind, before I started whining.
Just saw Carla’s comment on books. YES! Both Lucy and I are dedicated Outlander readers, though I am impatient one – waiting for the paperback, when there is on at the library? Never! Though I managed to damage my back holding the latest volume of Outlander. Book weight a ton, and I had a kink for a while in my right shoulder… It was worth it! I will wait for paperback to add to my library…
So many books!
My War and Peace reading, though, have not progressed… Book is still looking at me; I pet it in passing, and make promises that I will eventually finish it.
IF “Simple” made me think about project I started about three years or so ago – I decided to actively simplify my life. Everyone and me– from what I understand half of this country went into same frenzy! It was multi step layered processes – I just could not overhaul everything in one setting. I really had a hard time of letting go of my stuff. I am divested of so much at this point that sometimes it is freaky… but mostly happy. And still there is stuff that could be hauled away. And then you get to the point when your family watches in horror – they are afraid that by the time you are done, there will be maybe a pillow on a floor and a bowl for food… Well, I didn’t go that far.
What happened with all this frantic simplifying – I was able to concentrate on things I like, and redefine what was important to me. Family and friends are important, traveling is important, having time to do what I love to do is important. I still love stuff – I am such a freak when it comes to beautiful things, but all the stuff doesn’t define me.
Simple is good. Less is more.Lily.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

Tell Lucy she doesn't have to tell us more about the noisey unreserved things Lily does. However, asking what really needs to be hauled away at this point. Also, know Lucy already understands about simple being good and less is more. Would not apply the same to Lily's future accounting clients. ];-}

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home