Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Books and Observations:

This month, yes the one that is dwindling really fast, started with every indication of progress and frantic industry that felt good …then it flopped, somewhat. There is so many things to do, and there is even time to do them. And yet…
It is a slow time in my life, for the first time in years, and I am relishing it (with some mixture of surprise and amusement) and wallowing in it, and don’t want to go and snap at attention and go do. So, here it is – I am being a lazy bum. And as usual, if there is something looming on the horizon, something from “to do” list, I am suddenly finding creative urge. And reading.

I have completely screw up my schedule by reading into the night, knowing well that I will be groggy come morning, with a head that feels as if it is stuffed with cotton balls, but here I am. So, I am re-reading all of OUTLANDER series by Diana Gabaldon, and loving every word of it, again. And as soon as library will have a copy available of the latest one, A Breath of Snow and Ashes (read – as soon as I will be able to wrangle that copy from the clutches of other patrons), I am starting on it.

I am having a load of apprehension about one of my accounting classes, and just going to hope it will not be as bad as I am imagining it. And I am starting my Tax volunteer duty on Saturday.

And here is something that I have learned recently -- there is ALWAYS room for error. A wise and caring friend corrected me: "there IS always error"! Just count on it. I am finding out that if you do calculate for that error, you don’t get to be horribly surprised or horribly upset. You still be upset and surprised, but not horribly, perhaps.
Cover your assets! Do what needs to be done in a timely manner, record and make copies of everything, and never-ever let people who have reached their level of incompetence to tell you they have no record of or this is the first time they hear about “it”. Fax them two copies of everything and let them eat it! That’s it, time to go and see if there will be a cat by the end of this day… Lily.

1 Comments:

Blogger carla said...

Oh my...I just happened to see that you are among the many fans of the Outlander series...ah...love! I am one of those wretched people (according to an author friend) who prefers to read books in paperback, so I will wait for the latest to come out in trade paperback and add to my collection. At that point, I will have to reread the series once again, and I am sure I will also stay up way past my bedtime. It's like visitng with friends! Have you read The Time Traveler's Wife? It's quite wonderful.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home