Friday, December 30, 2005

Grimm, just grim:

OK, there is no amount of love for the fairy tales that can salvage my opinion of this movie. The Brothers Grimm was, well, a grim experience from beginning to the end, relieved only by brilliant splashes of costumes – anything red.

What they say, if you can’t make it good, make it big, and if you can’t make it big, make it red.

One thing we loved was the cape of the Little Red Riding Hood – but should you endure hours of idiocy for the love of couture? I rather not. Wolf did not pass the test: he was just plain bad, as in rendition, not character. Everything else was equally incoherent. Even the moment of Matrix meets Shrek could not save this disaster, only added to the overall sadness. And to finish it all with happily ever after, we are treated with “Fiddler on the Roof “moment, worthy of Bollywood production – EVERYONE sings and dances. I suppose it is appropriate then to leave it on this high and upbeat note.

And speaking of Bollywood – Bride and Prejudice is next on my Netflix list, we shall see. There have been so many baddies out there, that all I want to do is watch Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill – over and over and over again…till something decent hits the screen!

Gumbo is cooking, and will be for a while. Rue ended up a perfect color, and I say it is result of cooking it in a cast iron pot, as suppose to non-stick things! There is still time to start on my New Year “resolution” list. I don’t think I am planning on getting anything resolved next year, but it is nice to have a LIST. I like this LIST idea. So, I am going to work on it. And I am starting a new project on Sunday, so I am all exited, prepping things for it, but I don’t want to talk about that one just yet, just want to remain exited. Lily.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

Nice YOU are excited ... I'm now Grimm!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Hellcat said...

AHA! a Louisianian who descends from French-speaking Acadians say NYET, NYET, NYET!

4:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home